Data Privacy Statement for Contributions
April 2020 Version 1.0
- print some of the data (name, institution) in the program or display it online
- may share some of the data (name, contribution title, e-mail address, institution, possibly also your telephone number) with other contributors for to coordinate content
- may use your contact details (name, e-mail address) for feedback to your contribution and to send you material relevant to the event (program, transcript)
- may share some of the data (name, institution) with the session hosts
- may share your data with collaborating institutions to the extent provided to render the service.
Please also note our other data protection terms from our Terms and Conditions:
Excerpt from our T&C, Section 7 Data protection:
The database of the Contribution Website stores and processes user information in compliance with the applicable provisions of the German Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the German Telemedia Act (TMG). Personal data is only collected to enable event planning.
The user agrees that their personal data may be collected, processed and used to enable event planning.
The Contribution Website will not disclose personal data to third parties. An exception is made for the program planning team and other registered users who are also contributing to event planning. In these cases, the scope of the transmitted data is limited to the minimum required.
The user is entitled to request information on their stored information and to request correction, blocking and—after the event has ended—deletion thereof. Furthermore, the user is entitled to request information on the status of their stored data by e-mail at: . Insofar as there is a statutory or contractual obligation to retain the data, said data will be blocked instead of deleted.
- The user's personal information will be kept confidential and in particular not disclosed for the purpose of advertising or market and opinion research.
Web analysis service Matomo
Our website uses Matomo, an open source software for statistical analysis of user access. It is not possible to infer a specific person because your IP address is anonymized immediately after processing and before it is saved. We host Matomo ourselves. An external service provider is not involved.
Matomo is used for the purpose of improving the quality of our website and its content. This tells us how the website is being used and enables us to continuously optimize our offer.
You can contradict to the storage and evaluation of this data by Matomo at any time. In this case, a so-called opt-out cookie is permanently stored in your browser, which causes Matomo not to collect any data for storage and analysis. However, if you intentionally or unintentionally delete this cookie, the contradiction to data storage and analysis will also be cancelled. Cookies are only used to recognize your contradiction each time a page is accessed.
Alternatively, most modern browsers have a "Do Not Track" option that can be used to instruct websites not to track your activity. Matomo respects this option.